samedi 8 octobre 2011

Request a credit report Missouri


request a credit report Missouri

With that introduction out of the way, let me get back to the personal story I promised to share. This story illustrates why it's so important to check your credit reports before buying a home. My wife and I have been through the request a credit report Missouri home-buying process several times in the past, so we are very familiar with it. We realize the importance of keeping a clean credit history.

So we checked our credit reports and request a credit report Missouri scores before getting pre-approved for a mortgage loan.

Sometimes you can have negative items on your credit report that you never even knew existed. We checked all three of our reports through AnnualCreditReport.com, which is the website I recommend using. I recommend this website because it is the only one that is request a credit report Missouri regulated by the federal government. This is the official website for obtaining your free credit reports from all three reporting companies. If you go anywhere else, they will probably try to sell you some kind of credit-monitoring or identity-theft protection service. If you only want to check your credit reports, you should do request a credit report Missouri it through the website mentioned above. When I checked my reports, I was happy to find that there were no negative items on any of them. This means that no one has ever reported me for late payments, unpaid debt obligations, etc.

It shows mortgage lenders that I have a history of paying back request a credit report Missouri my debt obligations. free credit reports government

Obviously, this is something the lender wants to know. And even if request a credit report Missouri they don't review the individual line items in my credit reports, this positive trend will show up in my credit score. In request a credit report Missouri fact, your payment history affects your FICO request a credit report Missouri credit score more than any other single factor. For example, my Equifax report said my payment history was very good. Some of my other categories were labeled as above average. But when I checked my Equifax credit score, I found that it was in the excellent category. It was close to 800, which is an excellent credit score by any measurement. I just want you to know how important your payment history is when it comes to your FICO score. I was rated as above average in other categories, but my payment history got a higher rating of very good. This lifted me up to the excellent request a credit report Missouri credit-score range. company credit reports free This is a big deal when applying for a mortgage loan.

Having good credit will increase your chances of getting approved for the mortgage, and it will also help you secure a lower interest rate. So not only do you get the loan, but you also save money by paying less interest on it.

She checked all three of her reports as well, and she came across a negative item that appeared on all of them.

We were surprised by this, because we are pretty anal about paying our bills on time. We examined the report and found out that Capital One had reported her as being late on some credit card request a credit report Missouri payments. She started off with a slew of request a credit report Missouri colorful phrases that I cannot repeat here. When she was done with that, she reminded me of a problem she had with Capital One in the past. Long story short, she had called to close an account, and request a credit report Missouri they tried to stick her with some interest charges after she'd closed the account. She did the diligent thing by getting her current balance so she could close the account properly.

But then a couple of weeks later, she logged into her account to make sure it was closed and found that there were various interest charges and penalty charges. This is a game credit card companies used to play when their customers would try to close an account. I think the Credit request a credit report Missouri CARD Act has since made this type of thing illegal, but don't quote me on that. check my credit As a result of this one negative item, my wife's credit scores were lower than mine. Late payments and missed request a credit report Missouri payments can really hurt your scores. Granted, this was the only negative entry on a long credit history, so it didn't cause a lot of damage. But it still bumped her from the very good category down to the above average category.

And that kind of thing can result in a lower request a credit report Missouri interest rate on the mortgage loan. So she disputed the error as soon as she found request a credit report Missouri it, to try and have it purged from her reports. The details of our credit histories are not the focus of this article.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire